Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Madrigal: A painting

This summer while I was in France I had a really limited amount of art supplies with me, mainly just colored pencils and a very small set of watercolor paints.  So I did a lot of sketching, but I did do this one painting, using watercolors.  I don't use watercolors very often, so it was challenging!  I thought it mostly turned out pretty good, although I think I could have done far better if I had been at home with my full arsenal of supplies at my disposal.  The subject of the painting is Madrigal, as I imagine her, a character from the excellent novel, "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", by Laini Taylor.  On a side note, I highly recommend the book, it is one of the most addictive books I have read in the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment